Grateful Dead Live at Compton Terrace Amphitheatre on 1990-12-08
Grateful Dead, “Grateful Dead Live at Compton Terrace Amphitheatre on 1990-12-08,” Grateful Dead Archive Online, accessed March 28, 2017, https://www.gdao.org/items/show/359041.
Cold Rain & Snow, Picasso Moon, Loser, Minglewood Blues, Row Jimmy, Desolation Row, Tennessee Jed, The Music Never Stopped Victim Or The Crime, Foolish Heart-> Playin' In The Band-> Uncle John's Band-> Jam-> Drums-> Jam-> All Along The Watchtower-> Black Peter-> Around & Around, One More Saturday Night, E: U.S. Blues
- Comments: Unfortunate diginoise during Victim (on all DATs).
Note added 9/24/09
- d2t03 though extractable had a "truncated" wav error
- on listening to the last ~ 20 seconds of the track it was obvious that the issue was the digital managling of the beginning of Playin'
- it was also clear that the beginning portion of transition into Playin' that was missing
- so the mangled portion was removed in such a way that the remainder was still cut on sector boundary but now sounds like a typical cut where some material is missing
in summary, the new track d2t3 fixes the truncation error in a reasonable way until an improved transfer that does not suffer the digital mangling is available
- note that the "non-canonical" headers of the unchanged files are still present
Donor and Provenance:
- S:PCM> DAT> ZA2> CD
Archival Resource Key: