A Gentle Push into the New Year
[Unknown User], “A Gentle Push into the New Year,” Grateful Dead Archive Online, accessed February 25, 2017, https://www.gdao.org/items/show/837996.
How did you become a Deadhead?:
- Hish School friends turned me onto the music
What is your favorite Dead show, and why?:
- So Many to choose from, but this has to be the one I remember best: New Years Eve at Winterland - 1972/3. the night I got on the bus...
What is your favorite Dead song, and why?:
- There are so many magnificent couplings of music and lyrics in the Dead's repertoire and most of them speak to me (almost as if they were composed and performed just for my benefit) so the random choice as I write this today in 2012 is "Box of Rain." The randomness and beauty of our existence on this sphere as it spins through this plain of the universe, is what I'm connecting to today, and that's the song that popped into my brain as I come to this site today.
- I am the copyright owner. I believe my submission is fair use. This work is available from the UC Santa Cruz Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study. This work is protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by Fair Use requires written permission of the copyright holder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permission, and for any use or distribution of this work, rests exclusively with the user and not the UC Santa Cruz Library. If the work itself or our research has indicated that one or more individuals or entities is a current copyright holder, that information may be included in the Copyright Information field. Other sources for copyright information include the Creator field or copyright statements on the work. When available, contact information for requesting permission from copyright holder(s) will be linked from the Copyright Information field. If you have additional or conflicting information about ownership of rights in this work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial: David Gaines